Once classified as a blogging platform, WordPress has evolved through the years into a versatile content management system (CMS). It allows the creation of fully functional websites and mobile applications. According to a recent survey, WordPress powers 23% of all websites on the internet. That’s 74 million sites. Some examples include: Time Magazine, Google, Facebook, Sony, Disney, LinkedIn, The New York times, CNN, and eBay.
Maintaining a site has never been easier. With its intuitive CMS, clients are able to update their sites with ease. The Admin dashboard is simple to understand and navigate whether the need is adding new pages, blog posts, or updating existing content.
High Security Standard
Regardless of the industry, it’s important to insure a site’s security. WordPress is designed with that security in mind, so it helps protect information and content “straight out of the box.” Moreover, security updates are released recurrently to address rising issues and concerns. WordPress is widely regarded as one of the most secure platforms for web development. There are constant security updates that are pushed to your site automatically.
WordPress is Search Engine Friendly
According to Google, WordPress is 99% SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly. This is because WordPress is written using standard compliance, high quality code and produces semantic mark up, making site very attractive to search engines. For example, both website speed and mobile responsiveness are key components to a proper SEO, and WordPress covers both of those areas. In addition, WordPress allows us to use the Yoast SEO plugin for increased optimization.
Some crucial CMS Validity Requirements:
- Fast Loading Speed: The loading speed of a website is also influenced by your CMS. That’s why WordPress is already optimized for good speed.
- Mobile Optimization is Standard
- Proper HTML markup: Though written mostly in PHP, WordPress creates HTML pages that are easily understandable by search engines.
- XML Sitemap: Easily generate and submit sitemap to search engines. It helps them recognize the structure of your site content.
- Navigation: In WordPress navigation becomes very robust with menus, drop down menu functionality, tags, categories, and tons of widgets provided in WordPress.
- Image Optimization:Adding Title & Alt Tags in images takes no time. So you don’t feel any burden to optimize your images for good ranking of your post/page.
- Social Media Integration: Search engines give importance to sites getting good traffic from social networking sites. That’s why WordPress supports social media integration.
- User Experience:WordPress is fully optimized to work well on multiple devices, browsers, and systems.
Due to the large number of active users and developer, WordPress has a well-maintained support forum containing millions of queries and solutions to troubleshoot problems. Apart from is official forum, there are many other WordPress dedicated forums run by professional developers where one can ask questions and get answers.
WordPress Supports Multimedia
Because WordPress has a rich text editor i.e. WYSIWYG, it supports easy insertion of images, video, and audio. Not only is it easy to upload these files, they are also easily updated.
Easily Integrated With Any Service/Application
There are over 4000 plugins available at WordPress repository. This means there are lots of functions that can be easily integrated with WordPress such as contact forms and email marketing. Plugins allow for faster development of websites, making the site more cost effective. Such integration frees one from a static website or proprietary CMS that is costly to tweak after initial development.
Back to SEO…
With search engines continuing to be the most important source of traffic for most websites, SEO stays an important discipline and topic. For that reason, if you want to rank high in the search results, your best bet is to base your site on a platform that can help you do so.
WordPress has done a lot over the years to be search engine friendly. By now, it is a mature platform with extensive SEO capabilities. WordPress plays nice with Google and other search engines, has loads of themes and plugins for advanced SEO optimization, is fast and mobile friendly, community supported, secure and easy to learn.
In short, WordPress is the perfect CMS for SEO and building websites that rank well. If your goal is to hit Google’s front page, the WordPress platform is the way to go. It is our platform of choice.